it’s either very good news, or very bad news. Luckily for me, this time it was the former rather than the later. 🙂
The news was, Bantam have offered another three book contract! Woohoo! 😀
The story behind this one is a bit different to the usual submission and acceptence route. Remember how I going on about being unsure as to whether I should continue with the Loch Ness book, or just concentrate on my Riley books? Well, as you all know, I sent the first three chapters to Miriam (my agent), who absolutely loved it and said it was definitely worth continuing with. What I didn’t mention was the fact that she sent it on to Bantam. Bantam loved it too, and come back with an offer a couple of days later.
Of course, I couldn’t say anything until the deal had been agreed on, dates settled, and all that stuff. All I’ve got to do now is sign the contracts (and here’s hoping nothing disasterous happens last minute now that I’ve blabbed my head off to everyone!). Bantam are taking the 4th Riley, the first Loch Ness book, and either the 5th Riley or 2nd Loch Ness (a decision they’ll make later–I guess based on sales). So, as you can imagine, much celebrations have been going on in the Arthur household over the weekend! 😀